Posts Tagged ‘colour protect’
1. You’re using way too much moisturizing cream, which can weigh your hair down.
Instead, squeeze a pea- to quarter-size amount of the hydrating leave-in product onto one of your palms, and then rub your two hands together like you would hand cream. That way when you apply it, the product goes through evenly and actually coats more strands.
2. You only spritz your hair a few times with heat protector after you towel dry.
It’s important to spray every section thoroughly that you plan to blow-dry, curl, or flat iron. Also, make sure to concentrate on the face-framing pieces that get the most heat styling, so your hair doesn’t become dry and brittle from the heat.
3. You’re trying to smooth frizz by patting curl cream onto the top layer of your hair only.
But what you should really be doing to battle frizz is rubbing a quarter-size amount of frizz serum, in your palm, taking random-size sections, and twisting your curls around and around your finger, so each curl gets wave-defining attention.
4. You hold the nozzle of your hairspray too close to your hair.
Spraying hairspray too close to your hair will concentrate the formula in one spot, leaving it crunchy and not touchable. Instead, hold a hairspray about 12 inches away from your hair, aiming it at an angle so that you get a light mist all over.
5. You apply your root-lifting product quickly at your roots and that’s it.
To get major volume, you need to not only apply a root lifter to damp hair at your roots, but also throughout your hair to build body and give it structure. Then, blow-dry your hair after to let the heat lock in the lift.
How To Protect Your Hair Colour And Make It Last
You just had your hair professionally coloured and you want to make it last. The colour looks great and you definitely want to preserve it. So, how do you protect your hair colour and keep it looking fresh? Here’s how:
– Ask your stylist about colour lock leave-in treatment that can be done straight after your colour had been rinsed off
– After colouring, wait at least one or two days before shampooing your hair to give the colour more time to set
– Avoid excessive shampooing and rinsing of hair.
– Use lukewarm or cool water when shampooing your hair.
– Avoid excessive heat styling to prevent damaging coloured hair, always use heat shielding products when applying heat.
– Use SPF spray when going out in the sun and a swimming cap when swimming.
– Get regular deep conditioning treatments for extra shine.
Proper hair care extends the life of your hair colour. For more tips on how to care for colour-treated hair, visit us at the salon today!