How To Protect Your Hair Colour And Make It Last
You just had your hair professionally coloured and you want to make it last. The colour looks great and you definitely want to preserve it. So, how do you protect your hair colour and keep it looking fresh? Here’s how:
– Ask your stylist about colour lock leave-in treatment that can be done straight after your colour had been rinsed off
– After colouring, wait at least one or two days before shampooing your hair to give the colour more time to set
– Avoid excessive shampooing and rinsing of hair.
– Use lukewarm or cool water when shampooing your hair.
– Avoid excessive heat styling to prevent damaging coloured hair, always use heat shielding products when applying heat.
– Use SPF spray when going out in the sun and a swimming cap when swimming.
– Get regular deep conditioning treatments for extra shine.
Proper hair care extends the life of your hair colour. For more tips on how to care for colour-treated hair, visit us at the salon today!